Monday, September 29, 2014

Epcot is one of my favorites. With plenty to do and all the countries to see, I am always amazed and never see the same thing twice. And since we were going to be at Disney for the better part of nine days, I knew i would return to Epcot a few times before the trip ended.

Paul was a gentleman the night before. While we laid in the bed, barely propped up enough to read he magazines and the attractions to make a plan for the following day, he never once moved himself over to my side of the bed. Additionally, we had charged the kids with making their own plan for each day, and then we would compare notes in the morning and make a joint effort to do all the proposed activities for the day.

Sitting on over three-hundred acres, Epcot has plenty to offer. There are the scientific expos and my personal favourite, the "World Showcase" . Of all the countries in Epcot, Germany is my favourite. The Bavarian and German influence is unmistakable.

About midday, we decided to have lunch in Germany. At Biergarten, there are German offers abound. I had the "Boisterous German Buffet" and Paul had the same. Te children were in a purely German mood, so the opted for straight from the menu. Isabella had a Bratwurst that came with sauerkraut and all the fixings; including the German mustard. To my surprise, Liam opted for some venison in a gooseberry sauce.

After we were completely stuffed, we decided to walk as much as possible to reduce the weight and pressure we had just put on our guts; literally. We walked thru Switzerland and Holland, among other places. We even found out our exact height and weight; measured scientifically, which I felt sure was a little jaded at the moment.

My favourite part of all is the fireworks and light display. Music is played in unison to one of the most amazing; if not "THE" most amazing, displays on Earth. Not even the symphony and water display at the Bellagio in Las Vegas comes close.

We adjourned to our boudoirs; as all was calm, and so was I on this very day.


No comments:

Post a Comment