Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Disney never disappoints. I continued to have coffee overlooking the safari each morning with Paul and the children. Liam seemed to be awestruck each morning and watched the animals intently. Isabella and I would laugh at the quirky things we saw, and at just the pure amazement of the animals before us. Paul was a little like Liam, enjoying his coffee and taking it all in.

And we dined! And when I say dined; I mean to say, that we sampled some of the finest food on the planet. Jiko, Wolfgang Puck's, Boma, Sanaa, Victoria & Albert's; just to name a few. Paul and I continued our tradition of planning each evening and we talked about where we had been, where we were now, and where we felt we were going. I began to feel more comfortable with him, and to that end the sensations in my inner body and soul did as well.

Two nites before we were to leave, Paul was serious when he asked, "Stephanie, where do you see us going"? I had been contemplating this fact for three months. Paul had called initially when I got home from Casa Amor and then not for several weeks. He had then called Thanksgiving Day and proposed this trip. Despite the lack of constant, or at least regular communication, I felt in my heart that Paul did genuinely want to move forward. Lord knows he did not "bat an eye" while dropping thousands of dollars on hotel and dining accommodations on this trip. Despite all this, I knew what his underlying question was as well.

I still was not ready to "let down my guard" with Paul, and he would have to understand or move on. In my mind, the thoughts of Brady would never leave nor did I want them too. Brady would want me to be happy, but I also wanted me to be happy. In some respects, I was ready to make love to Paul, and on the other hand I was not. He seemed sympathetic and understanding to my answers, but I could see an air of disappointment on his face. He would have to wait, or move on.

The end of the trip soon came. The highlight being the fireworks at Epcot on New Year's Eve, it was hard to imagine being anywhere else in the world at that point. Paul estimated Disney's budget for fireworks that evening at $5-10M. I had no doubts.

As we left the baggage claim in Charlotte, I turned around nearly five times to look at Paul. He was waiving each time, and I could see a glimpse of sincere loss and that of a goodbye. "Was this the end", I thought? I would soon know.

No comments:

Post a Comment