Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Mom,

The children and I have just returned from Disney. We had a fabulous time and Paul picked up most of the bill. He is kind, gentle, intelligent; and I believe, genuinely interested in me. He is also good with the kids, and they seem to have accepted him at the moment.

I, however, am not fully jumping in with both feet. I pondered giving myself to Paul on this trip and could not. While part of me wanted too, there was a bigger part of me which told me to wait; just one more time. I had spent the summer in Coronado and met him there, and now nine days away in the same room. My doubts won, and we will have to see where it goes.

This Saturday, I will taxi Isabella back to William & Mary, and Liam has a few months before baseball season starts. He was an All-Area recipient at both the tailback and receiver slots.

I am proud of both of my children and continue to be amazed. Isabella has chosen Economics as her major at W & M, and I think tat Liam will attend a private college as well. We will be "running the gauntlet" this summer trying to pick the right college.

My hesitancy with Paul is in part the distance. If both of the children were in college, perhaps Paul and I could live part-time in Asheville and part-time in La Jolla, California. There is plenty to do there with San Diego in the back yard and Coronado Beach within fifteen minutes. I plan to return to "Casa Amor" next summer if Silvio will have me. I will book in March.

Sixty seemed ok, but I can feel a subtle decline as the number grows. I will be sixty-four by the time Liam enters college and Isabella will graduate. I pray that she does a summer internship and goes onto graduate school, but I can see her entrepreneurial spirit growing and growing each day.  She may enter the business world and get her employer to pay for her MBA or law degree.

More later, as I must get Isabella packed.

With Love,

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment