Sunday, October 5, 2014

On my return trip from Vermont, I thought about what Ann had said. I remembered a college cheer from back in the day that ran over and over in my head.

"Be Aggressive, Be Be Aggressive, B-E AGG- RESSIVE!"

I couldn't help but think how to tackle my problem.

I phoned Isabella and asked for advise. Here was a 69 year-old woman asking her 32 year-old daughter for advice...but I needed it!

Belle said that it would be ideal if it came naturally. She mentioned that she was talking with the man she had met at the club in Charlotte. They met casually, and both had a common interest in careers. Ryan was in private equity with Seven Mile Advisors. He was fairly new to the firm, but was aggressively aiming toward an associate position and then partner. He was slated for associate that year and then partner would come as slots opened up.

She stated he was tall, dark and handsome. He grew up in Birmingham, Alabama, and had attended the University of Alabama prior to graduate school; which he had just started online thru Northeastern University. The firm was "footing the bill", so he had no worries on how to finance the additional education. He was coming to Baltimore in two weeks, just prior to the Thanksgiving holiday to see Belle.

The advice that I was given was to first, be patient; and secondly, to not be too aggressive. It would come, she had faith in this.

At my local spot on Friday nite, I had been conversing with a few men, but none of them quite piqued my interest. I was going to an open house in the spring, and perhaps I would meet someone in Vermont.

My prospects in Asheville seemed bleak.

No comments:

Post a Comment