Tuesday, October 7, 2014

My weekend with Brad, Isabella and Ryan was great. I could see the companionship displayed between Ryan and Belle, and they shared with me that weekend that they planned to move in together soon. T. Rowe Price had a satellite office in Atlanta, Georgia; as did Seven Mile Advisors, so Belle and Ryan planned to both relocate and begin their partnership.

They were coming through Asheville en route to Atlanta the following week. Since Belle had the resources, she and Ryan had planned to buy a place within a reasonable distance to both of their workplaces. They would begin to build a relationship and a life together. While I was not fond of the idea of splitting a house without a marriage in place, times had changed and a house was just a commodity and an asset; that if something went awry, you will simply halve and sell your share, respectively. I cautioned Isabella to be careful, but she felt comfortable with the arrangement. She felt as if a proposal was "in the air" and with that, I gained some solace.

Brad had promised to visit me at Casa Amor. It was less than two weeks till I would leave for La Jolla and San Diego, two places in California that I had come to love. Casa Amor was my respite.

I traveled to Atlanta with Isabella that Monday. Ryan would join us on Wednesday after we found some places of interest. She had trusted Belle to find them a home. We looked in downtown and also within a fifteen mile radius to find the best deal. While there were many places to consider, Isabella fell in love with a rowhouse. It was close enough to each of their offices.

The price was steep in my opinion for a first home at $300,000, but Ryan was a veteran and qualified for a Veterans Administration loan at a very low interest rate with no private mortgage insurance and no down payment required. Payments with taxes would run $1385 per month, and easily affordable number compared to their respective salaries. Between the two of them, they were bringing in enough to cover the entire cost of the home in one year; before bonus.

When Ryan arrived on Wednesday, we looked at a number of properties. He also agreed that the rowhouse was not only the best deal for the money and area, but he fell in love with the house immediately as well. It would become their home in a few short days.

No comments:

Post a Comment