Saturday, August 23, 2014

My mid-fifties were approaching at a rapid pace, but for some reason I could see sixty coming on the horizon at a much more rapid pace. "How was this happening", I wondered. Prom was also right around the corner as was Liam's ability to be drive and be independent. I felt sure I was going to need anti-depressants again, so that morning I phoned my doctor.
He recommended Abilify. It was a new drug on the market that at a low dosage would simply give you a "boost", supposedly. And Lord knows I needed that.
In March, I could see that the plans I had put in place for Clayton were starting to gain traction. He brought in approximately $2M a month for the first three months of the year, which was almost as much as he had done in the preceding eighteen. Things were looking up around the office, and Clayton was quick to reward me for my efforts.
Just before Easter, on that Friday; Good Friday in fact, Clayton walked in the door whistling with a large covered package in his hand. It contained small gifts of kindness for Liam and Isabella and flowers for me. From time to time, I had brought in a few Orchids; and being the green-thumb that I am, they had not lasted near as long as they should have. That morning, he brought the most beautiful Orchid. It had hues of purple, yellow and pink; and simply took your breath away with it's beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment