Sunday, October 5, 2014

We returned to Asheville from Charlotte on Monday evening and Isabella would leave on Tuesday morning.

Up early, she had made me breakfast that morning and brought it into my room. She said I would have to get on a robe and come "kiss her goodbye" if I wanted to see her, as it was 9:00 AM, and she had to leave for Baltimore. It would be dinner time before she returned, so getting started was imperative; as she needed to be rested and back to work Wednesday morning.

She said not much about the rest of her evening in Charlotte. It only consisted of an hour or so at the club, so maybe there was nothing to tell. She left quickly after some hugs and a short chat over coffee and a bagel. Once again, my little girl; 0now a big girl, was gone.

I had yet to visit Middlebury and was a little timid. The winters in Vermont are much different than those here in Asheville. A skift of snow here can mean inches-to-feet in Vermont. Liam had skied a few times before, but it was becoming his new winter hobby.

Despite the random calls for information requests or money, I usually talked to Liam on Tuesday and Friday and Isabella on Wednesday and Saturday. I had made this schedule and the children were kind enough to attempt to stick to it. I think this is because they had hoped that I would find someone. Paul had been nice enough and kind enough, but in the end, was not the right man.

I still went out to Limone's, my favourite place in Asheville occasionally on Friday nites for a drink or two, but I wasn't looking. Lord knows, I needed to. After spending a long weekend with Belle, I realized how much the strong need for companionship was tugging at me in my life. And it is great to have that quality time with your kids, but you need a partner as well.

I phoned my psychiatrist the following morning. We were due for a chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment