Wednesday, September 10, 2014

We returned to Casa Amor on Sunday. We had spent the better part of a week in Mexico and it was time to return to the beach. Isabella and Liam were exhausted; as was I, and we slept in till nearly noon on Monday. The beach was our safe haven, and it was a beautiful day that Monday. It was the beginning of our fourth week, and I knew that time would begin to fly. On Sunday, we would have just eight weeks left.

We spent every day in the fourth week at the beach. Liam and Isabella had made a few friends that were close to them in age, and they played volleyball each day until time for dinner. In the morning they would try their hands at surfing, and they each had become a master at the "boogie board" or waveboard, as I would call it.

I did cook some as well; as I have always loved being in the kitchen. It was one of Brady and I's pastimes, I guess you might say. His specialty was Italian, and mine French, so we each had something of value to add on any given night. He had even taken the time to teach Bella some things and Liam would someday be a master on the grill. We all loved and adored asparagus, as Brady had showed me the perfect way to cook it. And if I have shared my secret previously, please keep it "under your hat".

The week flew by; as I knew it would, and we spent Saturday and Sunday at home relaxing. While the beach was our playground, Casa Amor was our respite.


No comments:

Post a Comment