Saturday, September 13, 2014

Mother.

I have met a man. His name is Paul. He has been in real estate for the past thirty-five years since the age of twenty-three. It would seem as though he has done well, although in the expensive area of San Diego and La Jolla, California, it couldn't be hard if you are any good.

I'm not sure why it matters, but I want to note that he drives a Mercedes. It is a sleek coupe, and to my amazement, the contours of the seat swallow you in and they even turn slightly as you hug curves so as to allow the ergonomics and safety of the seat to move with you.

He has been kind, courteous, and loving. Yes, I said loving. It is not that I am in love, but I can see the way that he looks at me. I seem to be caught in his grip.

He has also been generous with the children, As kids go, Liam and Isabella seem to enjoy his company. They warmed up to him since day one. We had a fabulous dinner out last Friday in one of the most scenic places I have ever been. The waves created sounds of soft grandeur as we dined. On the following Wednesday, he took us to La Jolla Cove; another picturesque spot only known to the locals and those of us who have Google. Have you searched on Google lately? It is an absolutely amazing resource, even for those of us who can't seem to keep up and are technologically challenged.

I am happy here at Casa Amor, and I will be sad to see it go. While I am excited to return to Asheville, North Carolina, and visit my favourite spots, I will be sad as well. Not depressed. Sad.

The children are growing in maturity and seem to have found themselves in some respects with the passing of Brady. I wish I could say the same for me, as he is at the forefront of my "noodle" each and every day.

I pray that you are well.

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment