Thursday, September 11, 2014

It had been a while since I wrote my mother a letter, so I sat down at the kitchen table one evening to write:

Mom,

We have now been at Coronado Beach for a little over a month. In addition to California, we have traveled to, and spent the better part of a week in Mexico. I am connecting with my surroundings more and more these days and wonder if that is a sign of maturity. I have named our house for the summer, "Casa Amor", or "House of Love". When traveling thru Mexico; while only about five days, it became "My Mexico".

Personally, I think these are signs of healing. My medication has been good to me; and while I do not feel I need it at this point, I realize that that is a general medical flaw that most patients go thru. Thus, I am taking my medication religiously and using the beach and my surroundings to do the rest. Casa Amor is relaxing. While we spend almost everyday thru the week at the beach, Saturdays and Sundays are preferably spent in this beautiful Italian Villa.

The owners are in Tuscany and they will return in a few weeks to check on us, get some clothes and return to Tuscany for the remainder of the summer. I hope to be able to barter with the owner to "pre-book" for next summer.

We have visited the zoo in San Diego, the Gas Lamp District in downtown, the aquarium, and many other locations. We intend to really learn the history behind this city and especially Coronado, as it has become our respite.

Finally, the kids are well. They surf and play volleyball with a small handful of friends nearly daily, and enjoy our evenings out to dinner and certainly to Coldstone for ice cream. I am leading the "taste tester" race, as I am up to twenty-seven flavours for the summer.

With Love,

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment