Sunday, September 14, 2014

I was determined to spend some quality tome with Paul before leaving San Diego. I told him to pick me up on Saturday nite promptly at 6:00 PM. He agreed. I took him to Herringbone. It was American cuisine, but I had reviewed the menu and thought it would be spectacular.

I even told Paul that I would be ordering that evening. For him, I chose the Wood Oven Roasted Berkshire Pork Chop, and I chose the Summer Squash Fettuccine. We each added some herbed fries, as I had a notion to eat something a little less healthy along with my fresh fettuccine. Once again, as we had done at The Marine room, we would share a glass to complement each course. We started with a Cava from Spain named "Anna de Codorniu". We followed that with a bottle of Chardonnay from Caymus; Napa Valley, and proceeded to move onto Pinot Noir named "Emeritus", which neither of us had the luxury of enjoying before. The wines were excellent aside our meals and we knew we would be taking a cab to our next destination.  Finally, for a nite cap; Paul had a Sidecar and I a cocktail by the name of "Snake in the Grass"....cucumber infused gin, mint, lime and soda; extremely refreshing.

Unbeknownst to Paul, I had reserved a room at the Hotel Del, Coronado. One of the finest hotels on the west coast, we would spend our first nite together there. I had packed my toothbrush and some nice pajamas, but nothing extra. More time would be needed before Paul and I would become intimate. He would have to make a trip to the east coast and make quite an impression at furthering our relationship for that.

We arrived at the hotel around 9:00 PM after a great, wonderful and succulent dinner. I had requested two double beds so as not to give any impression as to any intimacy. We stayed up until 3:00 AM that morning; or Sunday rather, and he made statements to the effect that he wanted to come see me in Asheville.

Time would tell...


No comments:

Post a Comment